Friday, October 16, 2015

OLD SPICE SOAP ON A ROPE BOX (FOR HALLOWEEN?)

FLEA MARKET FRIDAYS #90

A couple of months ago I found this fun Old Spice soap on a rope box. I kind of associate Old Spice with Christmas because of the gift boxes and seasonal commercials. This box is different and it definitely doesn't fit in with the Christmas style boxes. Am I right at saying this box kind of has a Halloween thing going for it? Maybe it was available during the Halloween season back in the 1960s. According to the Old Spice Collectibles website there were some oval shaped bath soaps with funny faces aimed at children. Maybe this one was a kids product too.  




Aren't those faces great! I especially dig the goofy spaceman! Too bad the faces are wrapped around the box and are difficult to see. Okay, I fixed that for you and now you can enjoy seeing the faces front and center. Happy Halloween (or not) from Old Spice!





1 comment:

Tom said...

Product packaging design was so superior back then to what we have now. And when products try to reproduce this style, it just falls flat. If they sold soap on a rope in this package now, I'd buy it, and I don't even know why it's on a rope!