Monday, April 29, 2013

RETRO FOSSIL T-SHIRTS



With Spring cleaning and going through clothes for goodwill, I ran across some of my favorite T-Shirts from the last decade. No, that decade wasn't the 1950s as the tag above is trying to make you believe, but instead the 2000s. Yeah, I know that's way too recent history for this blog, but what the heck! In the 1990s and early 2000s, the Fossil Factory Outlet store was the store to go to for retro cool stuff. Usually you'd see vintage toys, old suitcases and faux vintage props as store decorations. The showcases were always full of snazzy looking watches including many pop culture character watches, which I added to my wrist many times. One of my favorite things to buy at the Fossil store were their Vintage Fossil 1954 T-Shirts. Back then, the first lady of Neato Coolville would be checking out the purses while I was shopping for the latest fashion in retroware. I'm not sure, but it seems that Fossil was one of the earlier ones to jump on the retro bandwagon and produce shirts and products reusing and rebranding old advertising. 

For fun and before it's too late and they disappear from my closet for good, I've scanned some of the Fossil shirt designs.  









I miss the days of when Fossil was really cool and sold stuff like the Speedy Serviceman bank.


Or when they used cool tins like the one below, based after artwork from the 1939 New York World's Fair.


Too bad things have to change because I do miss the old Fossil stores the way they were, filled with all that retro goodness! Okay, now click here to visit Fossil's old website from the 1990s.

4 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

I remember that Snail Wax shirt. I miss the DC Comics watches. I still sport the Superman one from time to time when my very, very poor man's Omega style Fossil watch's batteries wear out.

Andrew Barr said...

its a shame they changed fro ma place that sold really interesting watches to their current boring watches.

Paxton said...

Spring cleaning? So, are you getting rid of these awesome shirts?

Todd Franklin said...

Mike - Yeah, the Snail Wax shirt was never popular with the first lady.

Andrew - I agree.

Paxton - Yes a little Spring cleaning is going on and that is always a dangerous thing. I was able to save these tees before it was too late and they'll be retired to the T-shirt vault.