Thursday, February 28, 2013

DESKTOP WALLPAPER: GOLD KEY COMICS

The other day I was talking to a pal about those amazing Gold Key painted comic covers! Even though I was a Marvel kid and my brother was a DC kid we managed to agree on Gold Key comics back in the 1970s. Those amazing painted covers always stood out on the comic rack! 

For fun, I've made up a handful of 1920 X 1080 desktop wallpapers from Gold Key issues. (Click on the photo for the full size and save to your computer.)  

Star Trek #25



Magnus Robot Fighter #28


Doctor Solar #15


Boris Karloff Tales of Mystery #13

I used this cover because the ghostly green head reminded me of the Frankenstein monster!


 Space Family Robinson #3


 The Occult Files of Doctor Spektor #1 


Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea #2


UFO Flying Saucers #5


1 comment:

Mike Middleton said...

Love 'em NC, especially the Magnus and Voyage ones. In fact, the Voyage one is a big hit here at work.