Thursday, August 17, 2006

1954 SUPERMAN STEREO-PIX

One morning in 1954 some kid finally finished his first box of Kellogg’s Sugar Frosted Flakes and carefully cut a masterpiece off the back of the box.


I’m sure as he added his new acquisition, a Superman Stereo-Pix, to his bedroom wall he was thinking of the second cutout still on a new box sitting in the pantry.



He probably even wondered if his Mom would notice a big square hole cut from the back of the box.

I know if I was him, I’m sure I would’ve been tempted to cut the back of the box up to get this beautiful Superman battling tanks picture.

I like how the first one has the caption, Best wishes from your friend Superman.

2 comments:

Mike Middleton said...

I wonder who did the art. It doesn't really look like any of the artists who were doing the strip at the time. My guess is it was someone in Kellogg's art department.

Kirk D. said...

Dang! Those are great.